We're taking extra care for your safety
WAM will offer youth and family programs this fall with these special protocols for the pandemic:
- All art activities will be modified to ensure a safe and healthy environment for kids.
- Facial covering is required for children, except infants and kids in strollers.
- Participants will be spaced at six feet for social distancing.
- Participants will be clustered to restrict mixing.
- Immediate contact will be strenuously avoided.
- Supplies and materials will not be shared.
- WAM will provide hand sanitizers in the Living Room and Art Studio. During programs, visitors will be asked to clean table stations after their session and before the next group. These spaces with high-touch locations will be cleaned by WAM staff four times during public hours—or every two hours.
- WAM will also continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and make any cancellations or changes as needed. Please check the WAM website or with the WAM education staff for updates and possible changes.
Art Start begins Tuesday, September 8 for families and Thursday, September 10 for daycares/preschools.
Art Start is a program for children ages 3 to 5 to engage with art, imagine, and learn. The theme changes every two weeks, so come back regularly for a fresh take on the museum.
Sessions are from 10 to 11 am or 1:30 to 2:30 pm.
Tuesdays are for families with children with an adult.
Thursdays are for preschool classes or daycare centers with children and their adult chaperones.
REGISTER ONLINE BELOW--
September: That’s Amore! A Venetian Vacation
Did you have travel plans that had to be canceled because of COVID-19? Come take an imaginary journey to Venice, Italy, as we enjoy a view of the Grande Canal, discover the city through the eyes of a cat, and make pasta art. Ciao baby!
Families: September 8, 15, 22, 29
Preschools/Daycares: September 10, 17, 24
October: Leaf Your Mark!
What is the best part about Fall? We think it is the changing, colorful leaves! We will do a leaf printmaking art project and learn about the art of printmaking alongside the Frances Gearhart: Color Block Prints in Wichita exhibition.
Families: October 6, 13, 20, 27
Preschool/Daycares: October 8, 15, 22, 29
November: Family and You
Portraits are often of people we care about. Learn about the importance of family, no matter its size. You’re important too! So let’s make some self-portraits together.
Families: November 3, 10, 17
Preschools/Daycares: November 5, 12, 19
Learn about the career of being an artist. Celebrate that we can all be artists. Make your own masterpiece that you can hang on your wall.
Families: December 1, 8, 15
Preschools/Daycares: December 3, 10, 17