Applying for the Teacher Advisory Committee
Educators who wish to join WAM's Teacher Advisory Committee are required to submit an online application below, detailing their teaching experience and outlining their interest in joining this advisory group. Application deadline is July 15, 2019. After this date, selected applicants will be invited to interview with WAM education staff. Committee members will be selected on the following criteria:
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity with regional and national trends in education
- Ability to advocate for WAM among colleagues
- Creative and flexible thinker
- Sense of humor
- Staff will consider the group as a whole in order to reflect its goal of representing a diverse body of educators
- Note: Past participation in WAM School and Teacher Programs is not a requirement.
TAC members are appointed to a two-year term. TAC members may serve two consecutive two-year terms but must reapply after the first term to continue to serve a second term. Members must rotate off the Board after two consecutive two-year terms. Members may reapply for the board after at least a two-year hiatus from serving on the board.
During the 2019-2020 school year, the committee will meet four times. All meetings are held on Tuesdays from 4:15-5:30 pm. Teachers are required to attend all meetings; the museum's volunteer policy allows for one absence per school year.
- Free museum membership and invitations to museum special events.
- Knowledge of museum education department programming and the ability to influence future programming and create resources for the education community.
- Participation in a learning community of fellow educators.