About the new Advisory Committee
The Teacher Advisory Committee (TAC) at the Wichita Art Museum will include educators across disciplines and grade levels (kindergarten through 12th grade). Committee members collaborate with WAM Education staff to promote meaningful student and teacher engagement with the Museum and to support arts integration across the curriculum. The Committee meets four times each year. Members serve two-year terms.
TAC@WAM strives to be both inclusive and reflective, representing the wide-ranging diversity of the communities it serves. Members are classroom teachers or administrators, at all grade levels (K–12), a wide variety of subjects, at both public and private/independent schools, and work within Wichita, and the greater Wichita area. In recruiting inaugural members to begin in fall 2019, WAM is seeking 10 individuals to help guide and support educational programs for schools, teachers, and students.
In order to achieve the goal of advising and supporting WAM education staff in the development and promotion of high-quality programs, TAC's activities may include:
- Identifying issues of concern for K–12 teachers
- Identifying topics of interest to K–12 teachers for a variety of subject areas (history/social sciences, English language arts, English language learning, visual arts, world languages, mathematics, science, etc.)
- Assisting the Museum in remaining informed and up-to-date about state frameworks, legislation, school and district policies, related to K–12 education.
- Providing feedback on programs in development by education staff, so that they can be as relevant as possible to classroom curriculum and teacher enrichment.
- Disseminating information about WAM’s school and teacher programs, both locally and nationally.
- TAC members function in an advisory capacity. The Committee is not a policy-making body.
Please contact WAM's Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.