WAM Prepares to Welcome Back Visitors with a Phased Reopening
Slowly and safely, WAM will reopen our doors. With careful analysis and measured caution, we plan to welcome visitors to a museum environment that follows national and local government directives and health guidelines. Here are the plans moving forward:
Tuesday, June 16
Our galleries, the Museum Store and the Muse Cafe will reopen to WAM members only.
Tuesday, June 23
WAM will open to the general public.
NEW HOURS: Tuesday, June 23 through Sunday, August 2
- Tuesday - Friday: 10 to 11 am only for seniors (ages 55+) and visitors who are immune-suppressed
- Tuesday - Friday: 11 am to 5 pm for the public
- Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday: noon to 5 pm
WAM will limit capacity in the museum to 400 visitors at one time.
What will WAM extend to you for a safe and comfortable visit?
- Requiring facial coverings for both staff and visitors,
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces four times daily during public hours,
- Implementing a Visitor Code of Conduct to ensure our guests are mindful of good health practices,
- Installing hand-sanitizing stations throughout the museum,
- Emphasizing six feet of social distance between visitors,
- Screening upon admission to confirm wellness of visitors.
New WAM Vistor Code of Conduct
- Facial coverings are required, according to City policy. So stylish!
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is required.
- Wash hands often!
- Avoid touching--use elbows to push buttons and open doors.
- Confirm the following is correct:
- In the past 48 hours, you have no fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, cough, aches, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, or other known signs of COVID-19.
- You have not traveled internationally to China, Iran, Europe, United Kingdom, or Ireland, or been on a cruise ship, in the past 14 days.
- You have not traveled to known U.S. COVID-19 hotspots, including Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, or Maryland, or been on a river cruise in the past 14 days.
- You do not live or have close contact with someone who:
- Has been asked to self-quarantine by any health care provider or public official,
- Has been diagnosed with or has had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Respect the direction from WAM staff. We are here to ensure your safe visit and the comfortable museum experience for all.